Photo

Diabetik Viewer: new hypo view, import from Dropbox, mobile view (beta)

analysis charts trends 3rd party app

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ollieglass

ollieglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Remember my Diabetik Viewer app from a few months ago? I've added two new features to it:

Hypo view

DJsWeQll.png

Shows your last ten hypos in one view.

I've build this because I wanted to see if there are trends in my hypos. You can see from the chart most of my hypos are around lunchtime. So it's useful to me!

Import from Dropbox

Now you can load your records directly from Dropbox.

2EJPyAE.png

As a bonus this lets you use the app in a mobile browser! Although it is very slow on my iPhone. I might come back to this and speed it up.

Future

I would love to hear your thoughts on these features, and what would make the viewer useful for you. Please leave a comment here, or email me (address on the site).

And do join the mailing list if you'd like to receive updates.

I'd like to add a feature that goes through all the hypos in the database, picks out the fastest and slowest recoveries, and shows information about them. Currently you can see the fastest and slowest by eye:

NnCvq1zm.png

Because I also record what I ate to recover, I hope to pull that data out and learn from it.

Have a look and see what you think, it's at http://diabetik-viewer.herokuapp.com/

To get started, export your data from the Diabetik app as CSV, then either drag it into the app, or upload via Dropbox.

Cheers,

Ollie

#2 ollieglass

ollieglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Diabetes Mine have released the results of their 2013 survey on diabetes tools and quality of life.

This chart is particularly relevant to Diabetik and my trend viewer, the most wanted feature in logging tools is for them to spot trends:

8c7ns1d.jpg

I'm still working on the trend viewer and have a new version in development, with features to spot patterns in blood sugar levels across days, and also around hypo and hyper events. If you join the mailing list I can let you know when it's released, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Also, have a look at the last item on this list of frustrations from the survey. It's about vendors not using open standards, and not making it easy to integrate diabetes apps:

rHvoYVp.jpg

I want to thank Nial and everyone who's supported and funded Diabetik for making such a pioneering open source app. From my point of view, it's made it so much easier to build the trend finding app I want to build, and it's encouraged me to know there's a community out there who want these things made.

#3 ollieglass

ollieglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

An update on this viewer.

I've renamed the project Analytik, and moved it to http://app.analytikhq.com/

It shows the week glucose level charts, and also info about hypos, meals and supplies used. 

I'm currently working on making it automatically read your Diabetik app data and send a weekly email, then I plan to review the design to make it look nicer.

Please sign up and share your thoughts!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users